5 Ways to Ruin Your Teeth
In order to keep your teeth strong and healthy, you need to do more than just brush your teeth regularly. To help you get better at protecting your teeth, we’re sharing the top 5 ways people ruin their teeth.
1. Forget About Flossing: According to WebMD.com, “flossing does about 40% of the work required to remove sticky bacteria, or plaque, from your teeth. (Source). Flossing is an extremely important and essential part of keeping your teeth healthy. If you choose to not floss regularly, you’re risking your overall oral health.
2. Drink A Lot of Soda and Coffee: According to WebMD.com, “The surface of stained teeth is like sandpaper and attracts more bacteria, which can indirectly lead to tooth decay” (Source). Drinking things like soda and coffee significantly affect the look, feel, and over health of your teeth. Pay attention to the kinds of liquids you are drinking in order to keep your teeth healthy.
3. Smoke: According to WebMD.com, “Almost half of the people who are over 60 who wear dentures are smokers” (Source). Smoking regularly over a long period can wreak havoc over the health of your teeth. If you are a smoker, consider quitting today to keep your teeth strong.
4. Don’t brush often enough: One of the easiest ways to ruin your teeth is by not brushing often enough. Brushing your teeth consistently will help keep your teeth not only healthy and clean, but strong over time.
5. Skip your scheduled check-ups: Even if you don’t think you have anything wrong with your teeth, going to your scheduled check-up is still important. Regular cleanings and check-ups will help prevent unnecessary problems from arising in the future.
Do you need to schedule an appointment? Contact us today!