Attention Running Fiends: Learn the Best Processed Foods For Runners!
Spring is just around the corner, making it time to wipe the dust off your running shoes and get a taste of the crisp air. It’s important to maintain a healthy diet while you get the right amount of exercise to live a worthwhile life.
Thankfully, we stumbled across theruniverse.com, which gives the best minimally processed foods for runners. These food groups are not only good for your body, but they are also great for your teeth. As we have mentioned in the past, the health of your mouth and body are connected, and if one is detrimental, then the other is most likely to suffer.
Here are some of the foods The Runiverse has listed:
- Sweet potatoes
- Eggs – contains massive amounts of protein, which promotes bone health including teeth.
- Black beans
- Berries – the antioxidants in berries are fantastic for gum health.
- Yogurt – high source of protein and calcium, which promotes bone health.
- Lean beef – high source of protein, which boosts energy levels and your smile.
- Almond butter – almonds contain high levels of calcium, excellent for teeth and gums.
- Coffee – boosts your performance, and studies have suggested it may help prevent oral cancer.
Share this information with your running friends, and let them know importance of maintaining a healthy diet! Promote your teeth and body by eating healthy and exercising regularly. Additionally, make sure to visit top dentist in Elgin, Dr. Dean Lodding for regular check-ups and professional cleanings to ensure your smile is healthy.
What are your favorite healthy foods? Share us your thoughts by commenting below!